About RuPay Card Generator
RuPay was initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), a payment network in India, in 2012. It is launched as an alternative to Mastercard, Visa etc to support the Indian financial system.
In this page at Credit Card Generator platform, you can generate unlimited and free RuPay cards to test your payments and free trials flow.
Before we deep dive into the details and origins of RuPay cards, let’s see how to generate test cards on this website.
How to use RuPay Credit Card Generator?
This virtual credit card generator helps you create valid card numbers for testing your payment flow in applications.
Follow the below steps to get RuPay credit card number -
- Open RuPay Credit Card Generator page.
- Choose the card type as ‘RuPay’
- Click on the Generate button. It will generate a new credit card number and the same will be reflected on the virtual credit card image.
- You can copy the card number, CVV, Name and other details from the card and use it in your application.
- To directly download the card details or to copy the details to clipboard, use Download and Copy buttons.
Now, we are acquainted with using the credit card generator platform, let’s understand more about the RuPay cards and the benefits associated with it.
History and Evolution of RuPay Cards:
The provenance of RuPay dates back to 2009. The Reserve Bank of India approached the Banks’ Association (IBA) to introduce an indigenous non-profit payment company to settle any transactions involving INR in order to accomplish the goal of a less-cash economy.
The need of the hour was to bring a system to settle any payments as Indians Banks, at that time, had no other option but to bear the high affiliation cost of International Card Association Schemes like Visa, Mastercard, etc.
The Payments and Settlement Act of 2007 authorizes RBI and IBA to bring a secure electronic payment and settlement system to the country. The National Payments Corporation of India was trusted with the pilot project.
Finally, On 26 March 2012, NPCI launched a payment card named RuPay. The etymology of the name RuPay comes from two words i.e. Rupee and Payment. On 8 March 2014, the then-President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, dedicated RuPay to India.
As of 2020, more than 60 cr. RuPay cards were issued by more than 1150 banks in India. As per the current mandate of the Government of India, any entity that has annual financial transactions over ₹50 cr. (about $6.5 million) is bound to offer RuPay transactions to its consumers.
As of the end of 2020-21 FY, the market share of RuPay in India is 34% by volume of transactions.
Types of RuPay Cards
RuPay offers several types of cards and each type is further classified into some variants. Some variants are designed for specific groups of consumers, while some variants are for specific purposes. We shall elaborate on this part in this section for your convenience.
- RuPay Credit Card
There are four variants of RuPay credit cards viz. classic, platinum, select, and MSME. Moreover, there are also Co-brand cards. RuPay classic credit card comes with exclusive merchant offers and benefits.
The platinum card has insurance coverage along with merchant offers. RuPay Select card has some additional benefits like massage coupons, gym access, and so on.
RuPay co-brand credits are in partnership with some major brands like LIC, IRCTC, Indian Oil, etc. It offers some extra benefits while availing of the services of the concerned brand. MSME cards are designed for micro, small, and medium enterprises with some extra merchant offers.
- RuPay Debit Card
There are three variants of RuPay debit cards, for example, classic, platinum and select.
- RuPay Prepaid Card
RuPay prepaid cards are slightly different from debit cards. When you are using a debit card, it means that you are using money from your bank account through that card. On the other hand, when you load money onto a card, it is called a prepaid card.
RuPay Niyo Bharat Card, EarlySalary Card, InstantPay Card, Junio Card, etc. are examples of prepaid cards marketed by RuPay. Depending on its utility, It is divided into classic, corporate, and platinum cards.
- RuPay Government Scheme Card
The Government of India has opted for a direct benefit transfer to implement welfare schemes. Here, RuPay cards become convenient. There are several RuPay cards devoted to several government schemes.
- RuPay Virtual Card
In June 2016, RuPay launched a virtual card. It means the card is available digitally. There is no physical existence of the card.
Banks that Issue RuPay Cards
As of 2022, more than 1200 banks in India issue RuPay cards, this includes Public banks, private banks, and corporate banks. Some of the noteworthy banks that issue RuPay cards are enlisted below
- State Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Union Bank
- HDFC Bank
- YES Bank
- Bank of India
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Federal Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Saraswat Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
These are some of the leading banking entities in India that issue RuPay cards.
Internationalization of RuPay Cards
To make RuPay cards globally accepted, the Government of India put in huge efforts. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
The NPCI maintains ties with international organizations like JCB, Discover Financial, etc. to gain international markets. In July 2019, RuPay JCB Global Card was introduced and in September of that year, RuPay was launched in Dubai.
After the pandemic, the number of cross-border transactions increased. Henceforth, NPCI signed a memorandum of understanding with UK-based PPRO Financial in November 2021.
NPCI also set up a road map in which it aspires to introduce foreign transactions using Dollar, Pound Sterling, and Euro by 2025. However, as of January 2023, RuPay is operational in the following countries.
- Singapore (launched on 31 May 2018)
- Bhutan (launched on 17 August 2019)
- Maldives (launched in 2019)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (launched in 2021)
- Russia (After Russia-Ukraine Crisis in 2022)
- Belgium (MoU in October 2022)
Apart from the USA as mentioned above, NPCI envisions making RuPay operational in Australia and the Philippines very soon.
Anatomy of RuPay Cards
The anatomy of the RuPay card can be understood with some basic information engraved on your RuPay card. For the sake of better understanding let us divide this section as the following-
- Type: At the bottom right corner on the front surface of your card, you can notice the type of the card, for instance, RuPay Debit or RuPay Credit.
- Variant & Issuing Bank: The top panel on the front is devoted to displaying this information. Here you can see whether your card is platinum, standard, or something else, and the name of the bank that issued the card.
- Card Holder’s Name & Expiry Date: On the front surface, you can see your name embedded on the card. Moreover, there will be a ‘valid up to’ month and year that marks its expiry date.
- RuPay Card Number: It is a unique ID of your card comprising 16 numerical characters.
- CVV & Magnetic Strip: On the back surface of your card, you can see a 3-digit Card Verification Value (CVV) and a black magnetic strip that enables the ATM to read your card.
Structure of RuPay Card Number
As we know, the RuPay card contains a 16-digit unique identification number. The first 6 digits are called Issuer Identification Number (IIN) and the first digit is called Major Industry Identifier (MII), for instance, RuPay cards start with 6.
The last 10 digits is your unique card number.
All the RuPay cards follow the same guidelines. We use the same rules at credit card generators to create valid credit card numbers.
Benefits of Using RuPay Cards
There are numerous benefits to using RuPay cards. We shall decode one at a time-
- RuPay offers you to link your credit card on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). UPI will enable you to execute financial transactions with ease throughout the country.
- RuPay contactless feature brings the tokenization of physical cards. You don’t need to swipe the card or punch the card every time. Therefore, it is time-efficient.
- RuPay offers some exclusive merchant offers, especially to MSMEs. So, it can benefit your enterprise to a great extent.
- RuPay has a wide range of variants of cards designed for specific consumers or specific schemes which makes RuPay super convenient.
- RuPay offers Bharat QR which is helpful while accepting payments from any bank throughout the country.
- It comes with a plethora of international offers to settle your cross-border transactions with ease.
- Bharat e-Commerce Payment Gateway (BEPG) is an innovative step of RuPay. It can revolutionize your e-commerce experience.
- It has a chatbot named PAi to answer your queries pertaining to RuPay cards.
RuPay Card Charges
The charges associated with the RuPay card vary from bank to bank. However, the minimum joining fee is INR 500. Moreover, there are some additional annual maintenance charges depending on the type of your card. Visit the official website of the issuing bank to know about the charges.
The more the digitalisation of financial transactions is developing the more the risk of cyber piracy is developing. Hence, you have to be careful enough to handle it securely.
Never reveal your CVV, expiry date, PIN, or OTPs related to your RuPay Card.
How to Report RuPay Credit Card Fraud?
If you suspect any fraudulent activity related to your RuPay Credit card, contact the issuing bank or customer support as soon as possible. You can log on to the website of RuPay or NPCI or the issuing bank. The links to these websites are embedded for your convenience.
In case you lost your credit card, contact your bank or customer support or log on to net banking to get your card locked as soon as possible. Afterwards, you can lodge a general diary at the nearest police station.
Hope you are able to generate RuPay cards from our platform. You can also use our Chrome Extension to generate cards directly whenever you want. Please support us on ProductHunt.